I’m always on the lookout for a new summer cocktail recipe, and while sitting in my ultra hot office over this past week, genius struck and I came up with this gin based cocktail. Usually, I’m not too much of a fan of gin, but the addition of raspberries and lillet left this drink cooling, refreshing, and dangerous! No seriously, I couldn’t taste the gin at all. A couple batches will definitely leave your head spinning!
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 2 oz. gin
- 1 oz. lillet
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 10-12 raspberries
- additional raspberries and mint for garnishing
- Muddle the raspberries, fresh mint, and lillet together at the bottom of a cocktail shaker and let sit for a few minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Add the gin, and ice. Shake vigorously together.
- Strain of chilled glasses full of ice.
- Top with soda water, garnish with a sprig of mint, a few fresh raspberries and your favorite straw!