I’ve been back in Montana for a month now, and it’s amazing how totally different and how totally not different my life is. On the one hand, my job life is a bit easier right now, I’ve been working out a ton, and it’s kind of totally weird to live with my parents.
On the other hand, I still like to walk everywhere, and I don’t think I’ve cut back on the drinking quite like I thought I might (I keep using the excuse that it’s summertime). But at the end of the day, I still love to set a few easily attainable goals each month to keep up with my constant self-improvement.
If you’ll remember, here were my July goals:
- Work out for 20 minutes a day.
- Drink 60 oz of water each day.
- Eat vegan for 30 days.
Okay, the first two I totally had, no problem. Whether I was at the gym, hiking with my dog, or at work where I’m on my feet for 5 hours, show up I did. Clothes that weren’t fitting great are fitting a bit better, and I can start to see muscles I forgot existed. And in terms of water, I’ve been easily surpassing my 60 oz a day goal and it feels great.
But of course, the whole “eating vegan” thing didn’t go so well. I made it about 18 days before I caved, and part of it is that it’s just so hard while living here, making friends, and going out. But I did make a few really amazing vegan recipes that I can add to my repertoire.
For my August goals, I’m focusing on personal betterment. There are several 28 in 28 goals I can start working on, so I’m going to work on the following:
- Practice French every day. I used to do this, but then I got out of the habit, so I want to get back into doing at least one Rosetta Stone French lesson a day.
- Blog Monday-Friday. This can definitely be a bit challenging, as when life catches up with me, or if I feel uninspired, it can be tough.
- Read every day. And no, I don’t mean all the blogs on Bloglovin’, but I really miss reading books on the subway, so I want to force myself to read at least 20 minutes a day.
I’ll be continuing with my July goals (except the vegan thing, I’m not any good at that), but am excited to be adding a few more daily tasks to my list!
What about you? What are some of your August goals?