Ever since I moved back to Montana, I’ve been dreaming of cabins. Cabins in the mountains, cabins in the woods, cabins on lakes. Cabins, cabins, cabins. But, unfortunately, looks like I’ll be stuck in town for a while, so while I’m wistfully dreaming of a cozy cabin away from the light pollution of our small town, I’ll add a few urban rustic touches here and there to get the feel for it.*all photos from Pinterest!
One of the best drinks I’ve ever made has to be this Breakfast Belle that was inspired by a drink at ABC Kitchen in New York. In fact, it was so good, that I wanted to recreate it, but this time, utilizing oranges and of course, peach.
It’s a more sophisticated version of the Belle, with complex flavors meant for a bit more grown up palette. Plus, it gives you an excuse to drink bourbon during the day, so it’s a win-win in my book!
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 2 oz bourbon (I like Maker’s Mark)
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- Juice from one orange
- 6-8 drops of orange bitters
- Soda water to top
- Mix the first four ingredients in a shaker, and shake well.
- Pour over ice into high-ball glasses.
- Top with soda water, fresh mint and a slice of orange.
…Reading… What Would Grace Do? by Gina McKinnon and Penelope Beech
…Listening…. Spotify’s New Music Tuesday Playlist
…Eating… Banana/Almond Butter/Chocolate Protein Powder Smoothies, and vegan pizza for days!
…Craving… A bacon cheeseburger, is it August yet?
…Thinking… About the possibility of a new apartment and how I’ll eventually decorate it!
…Lusting After… This Tinley Road Jumper, and this white crochet dress …Loving… How happy Caboose is now that we live in Montana, and my driving my new Suburu!
It’s no secret that I love whimsical shoes. So when I was in Iceland and discovered the brand Kron Kron, needless to say, I was totally hooked. Each pair is super interesting and completely different from anything else on the market today. And between the amazing shoes, and Kron Kron’s incredible clothing line, it’s no surprise that the women in Iceland are enviably stylish.
If money were no object, I would be head to toe in this brand!
This has been one of the best weeks ever. I’ve spent tons of time catching up with old friends, made it to the lake twice, and am finally starting to get the wheels turning in my dad’s new office. It’s amazing what a couple weeks in Montana can do for your perspective and soul! Here are a few of my favorite things from around the web (lots of fun videos this week):
- Buzzfeed ranked 90s teen movies. Can’t say I totally agree with this list (The Faculty should have been so much higher), but it was fun to go back and remember a few of these films!
- Kacy Catanzaro has been all over the web since becoming the first woman to complete American Ninja Warrior, but if you haven’t seen the video yet, check it out, it’s totally amazing!
- Here is a list of the 20 most popular Ted talks. I’d love to know what your favorite is!
- I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS SHOW!
- John Lennon’s Imagine as a comic strip.
- I’m a long time fan of Jenny Lewis, and can’t wait for her new record. This video with Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart, and Brie Larson in drag is just too perfect.
- And finally, another post about beautiful abandoned places. I can’t help myself!
Have a great weekend!!!